International Thespian Excellence Awards
Acting and Technical Theatre
Broadway has the Tonys, Hollywood has the Oscars... now Thespians have the Thespys! The International Thespian Excellence Awards, or Thespys for short, recognize the highest level of achievement in school theatre performance and technical theatre. This educational program (formerly called Individual Events) gives Thespians the opportunity to receive constructive feedback on prepared theatrical material and technical designs.
Scroll further down for detailed information and rubrics for each individual event.
2020-21 Virtual Thespian Excellence Awards Festival - Acting and Technical Theatre
$30 for Thespians,
$40 for Non-Thespians,
$10 for Student/Parent Observers
REGISTRATION OPENS: TBA CLOSES: December 11th, 2020
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 9th, 2021
Students will be submitting videos of their performances and presentations to be adjudicated.
Filming Guidlines will be posted here by the end of September.
Registration info will be posted here when available.
STUDENTS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF THE EVENTS BELOW:
Student may compete in up to 3 events
- Performance - See Thespys Program Guide for specific requirements.
- Acting (Monologue, Duo Scene, or Group Scene) - Rubric
- Musical (Solo, Duet Musical, or Group Musical) - Rubric
- Technical Theatre - See Thespys Program Guide for specific requirements.
- Costume Design - Rubric
- Costume Construction - Rubric
- Lighting Design - Rubric
- Makeup Design - Rubric
- Scenic Design - Rubric
- Sound Design - Rubric
- Stage Management - Rubric
- Theatre Marketing - Rubric
- Film (Only adjudicated at the State Thespian Conference)
In an effort to avoid removing documents that may be helpful for planning purposes, the links below are from 2019-2020. Once updated documents are recieved from EDTA, the most up to date documents will be posted here.